Training in Safety, Health and Environmental Awareness at the workplace is a basic duty of employers across the globe. It is founded in an employer’s duty to inform and its origin lies in an employee’s right to refuse unsafe or unhealthy work and the right to know how to protect oneself from harm.
WorkSafe Africa has developed a series of training workshops for Top to Junior management and are responsible for the marketing of these workshops throughout South Africa.
Workshops are presented publicly at predetermined locations in all major centres in South Africa and are open to anyone to attend.
As a registered WorkSafe Training Facilitator, you will be responsible for the organising and facilitation of these workshops during the year and could earn up to R48 000 per month. This is an ideal opportunity for consultants and self-employed EHS professionals to expand their service offering.
To become a Registered Training Facilitator, you would require the following:
- A recognised qualification in Safety Management, Public or environmental Health or a related field, and
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in a supervisory or management role, with training experience as preference.
- A laptop, colour printer and laser pointer (can be provided at additional costs)
WorkSafe provides all the digital material for you to facilitate a workshop. This includes:
- Facilitator’s Code of Conduct,
- Facilitator’s manual,
- Online Workshop Instruction Notes,
- Downloadable Workshop Powerpoint Presentations.
- Digital Facilitator’s ID Card
- Online Support Content
WorkSafe’s Training Introductory Curriculum includes the following workshops:
- Legal Liability of Directors in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993,
- Introduction to Supervisory Safety Management,
- Introduction to Environmental Laws in South Africa,
- Introduction to Construction Safety in South Africa,
- Introduction to the New OHS Act.
The Introductory Curriculum are One-Day workshops while our more advanced workshops and master classes are 2 and 3 days respectively. This gives you an opportunity to earn up to R48 000 per month, but it’s not guaranteed as workshops are dependent on bookings received.
Registration Fee as Facilitator for 2022 is R2 500 and is renewable based on Delegate feedback.
An optional monthly subscription of R199 is payable for all online business support.
Or you can register as an independent training facilitator for R 1 000 more and without the online business support content.
If you believe you meet the requirements to become a facilitator and would like to be registered, please send a motivation letter and updated CV in Word or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 8th of January 2022.