Thank you for joining our team.
We will start your on-boarding within the next 12 hours.
While you wait, please install Telegram on your phone.
Introduction to WorkSafe EHS Awareness Channels
WorkSafe SA has started a EHS awareness program to educate employees, union representatives and the public about their rights in terms of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, 1993. The purpose of these channels is to allow people to become more aware of EHS and the duties of their employers. With more information at their disposal, employees, unions and H&S Representatives can do more to force employers to comply with the basic safety and health rules at work.
In a Post-Covid world of work, the need for EHS Awareness will be even bigger as more people are no longer required to be at the workplace and can work from home. This means their employers has less worries to train them in EHS. That is where you can play a vital role.
As a WorkSafe EHS Awareness Channel owner it is your role to make sure everyone in your community joins your channel. Think of it as a radio channel that sends out messages about EHS to the public.
How the On-boarding works
You have probably reached this page because you paid for a channel. If not, you don’t have to read any further.
This is the first session of our 10 step on-boarding program. Once you have completed the on-boarding program, you will receive your WorkSafe EHS Channel Owner ID Card.
Each step in the on-boarding process will guide you on your journey to become part of the WorkSafe team in South Africa. You are allowed one week to complete each step. Below are the 1o steps:
- How to set up a local EHS Awareness Group
- How to set up a WorkSafe EHS Awareness Channel
- How to receive online payments from your Channel
- How to create a Facebook Page for your Channel
- How to create a Awareness Broadcast for your Channel.
- How to capture new subscribers for your channel using SMS messages.
- How to upgrade your channel and become a WorkSafe Agent
- How to become a WorkSafe Cluster Supervisor
- How to upgrade your Cluster and become a WorkSafe Sector Manager
- How to become a WorkSafe Franchisee, using your Cluster as business partners.
At the end of the 10 week On-boarding program, you will receive your WorkSafe EHS Channel Owner ID card and you will officially be part of WorkSafe South Africa.
Now, let’s get started with Step 1.
Send us your residential address to “email@example.com” and we will start creating your Channel. You will start receiving the steps to complete one at a time. Once you have completed a step, you can move on to the next step. You cannot skip a step, but you don’t have to wait for the end of a week to move forward.